Give Your Members More
The Business Support Helpline is available to membership organisations to provide advice to their members about:
- Employment Law
- Human Resources
- Health & Safety
- Tax, VAT, PAYE, NIC and payroll
- Commercial legal matters - covering over 60 topics including commercial contracts, insolvency, data protection and property law.
This expert advice gives members the power to deal with legal, compliance and tax issues quickly and confidently before they impact on business performance or reputation. There's no need to watch the clock either. Unlike some, we don't limit call times. You can take as long as you need to explain the situation, and Croner's experts will take as long they need to give you the right advice.
Mistakes Can Be Expensive
Save time. This thorough, personalised approach means that many issues are solved in a single call. No anxious waiting and no appointment needed. Save money. It's worth checking and taking advice before you act, getting it wrong can be expensive:
- A case of unfair dismissal could take 33 hours of specialist advice and cost £6,600.
- The average health and safety fine is £7,310.
Not to mention the potential damage to your business reputation. In our experience, the service is such an asset that members view it as an extension of their business and renew year after year to keep their access to it. Call us on 0845 450 1306 now to find out how your membership organisation or trade association can provide the Business Support Helpline to their members The Business Support Helpline provides commercial advice on subjects like these: Company law, Clubs and Associations
- Club constitutions
- Meetings and procedures
- Member disputes
- Company articles
- Directors duties
- Shares and shareholder rights
- Company meetings
- Shareholder agreements and disputes
- Director liabilities
- Dissolution and striking off. Note: we do not advise on charity law, nor do we advise on technical accounting queries.
Partnerships, LLPs and Sole Traders
- Rights, responsibilities and obligations
- Partnership disputes and dissolution
- Consultant, contractor and agency agreements.
- business-to-business and self-employed contracts
- Consumer contracts
- Commercial aspects of service or employment contracts (including restrictive covenants)
- Standard terms of business
- Distance selling
- Quality of goods or services
- Guarantees or warranties
- Cancellations, termination or refunds
- Retention of title
- Commercial disputes
- Late payment and debt collection.
- business liquidation
- Personal bankruptcy
- Statutory demands
- Personal guarantees or liability of directors.
Data Protection, Freedom of Information and Equality Act
- Data protection principles
- ICO notification requirements
- Data compliance
- Subject-access requests
- Third-party requests
- Medical records
- Equality or discrimination issues
- Text, photographs, designs, music, videos, books, websites
- Protecting trademarks
- Licensing of Intellectual Property rights
- Passing off
- Licence disputes or other infringements of any IP rights.
- freehold or leasehold
- Access rights
- Boundary disputes
- Commercial leases
- Lease extensions
- Rent review
- Repair obligations
- Landlord and tenant disputes We do also advise on residential tenancies usually from the point of view of the landlord or letting agent. Note: we do not advise on business rates.
- Including negligent products or services
- Public liability
- Duty of care
- Exclusions of liability
- Defamation, slander, libel or negligent misstatement