Is safety high on your agenda?
As a busy business owner it is easy to see how health & safety can be pushed down to the bottom of your ‘to do’ list. This doesn’t mean that you don’t recognise your duty of care to your employees, or that Health & Safety doesn’t matter, sometimes you may just feel that there aren’t enough hours in the day.
At Croner we often find that business owners are concerned with the ‘time it will take’ and ‘how much it will cost’, but compare that with 30.4 million working days lost due to work-related illnesses or injuries (Working Days Lost), and fines totalling £2.8 million in 2014/15, there is no comparison – just ask any business owner that has had a serious accident at work.
How can Croner help?
From just £295 per location, you can receive the two-visit SafeCheck Review process, including a professional, user-friendly report.
On the first visit to your premises we will:
- Carry out a compliance review
- Review safety arrangements
- Provide pragmatic advice
- Recommend any actions
On the second visit we shall provide you with:
- Summary of our findings
- SafeCheck evaluation report
- Health & safety action plan
Are you managing all your risks?
Take a look at the following checklist which includes the most important questions you may want to consider for managing health & safety. If you’re not answering “yes” to the following questions, you should consider taking our SafeCheck Review service.
- Do you have a written health & safety management policy?
- Do you review and update this on a regular basis?
- Are all employees trained and guided through this upon induction?
- Do you have ongoing training for existing staff on health & safety matters?
- Do you have a competent person for health & safety?
- Do you have a responsible person for health & safety?
- Are staff and management aware of their health & safety responsibilities?
- Are health & safety posters prominently displayed?
- Do you carry out risk assessments and follow this up with monitoring procedures?
- Do you have a system of accident reporting and recording?
- Do you have 24 hour access to specialist advice on health & safety matters?
- Do you comply with the terms and conditions of your liability insurance?