07 Jan 2018
It’s 2018 and with so much changing in the world, what’s your business’ resolution for the coming year?For your employees it’s easy – give up smoking, take more exercise, go on a diet – but what about for employers? Check out our Top 10 suggestions:
Top Tips for Employers:
- Encourage Healthy Lifestyles: Offer an Employee Assistance Programme, book a weekly yoga class, or offer subsidised gym membership.
- Flexible Working: Letting your employees leave early now and again will have a big impact.
- Gather Feedback: Put in place guidance so everyone is heard during meetings, or set up an anonymous feedback box in reception.
- Bring In Treats: In the post-Christmas, cold winter months, some delicious biscuits or even Friday cakes can go a long way.
- Shared Vision: Make your strategic planning inclusive so everyone owns your business’ future vision.
- Worklife Balance: Put in place work/life balance initiatives to help your employees make the most of their time in work.
- Future-Focussed Feedback: You can’t change the past so focus feedback on what your employees can improve going forward.
- Engage with Everyone: We’re all in our own busy bubbles but acknowledging employees with a quick ‘hello’ goes a long way.
- Give Praise: Everyone likes compliments, particularly those who least expect it. Don’t reserve praise for the usual suspects.
- Hold Your Tongue: Sometimes it’s best to think little criticisms, rather than saying them. Save your feedback for bigger issues.
Free to Download Employer Resources
Ready to focus on what you do best?
Get your free consultation and speak to an expert today.