07 Jan 2018
It’s 2018 and with so much changing in the world, what’s your business’ resolution for the coming year?For your employees it’s easy – give up smoking, take more exercise, go on a diet – but what about for employers? Check out our Top 10 suggestions:
Top Tips for Employers:
- Encourage Healthy Lifestyles: Offer an Employee Assistance Programme, book a weekly yoga class, or offer subsidised gym membership.
- Flexible Working: Letting your employees leave early now and again will have a big impact.
- Gather Feedback: Put in place guidance so everyone is heard during meetings, or set up an anonymous feedback box in reception.
- Bring In Treats: In the post-Christmas, cold winter months, some delicious biscuits or even Friday cakes can go a long way.
- Shared Vision: Make your strategic planning inclusive so everyone owns your business’ future vision.
- Worklife Balance: Put in place work/life balance initiatives to help your employees make the most of their time in work.
- Future-Focussed Feedback: You can’t change the past so focus feedback on what your employees can improve going forward.
- Engage with Everyone: We’re all in our own busy bubbles but acknowledging employees with a quick ‘hello’ goes a long way.
- Give Praise: Everyone likes compliments, particularly those who least expect it. Don’t reserve praise for the usual suspects.
- Hold Your Tongue: Sometimes it’s best to think little criticisms, rather than saying them. Save your feedback for bigger issues.
Free to Download Employer Resources
Do you have any questions?
Get a free callback from one of our regional experts today