07 Aug 2018
We are pleased to announce that Croner has been successful in winning a place on the NHS Shared Business Services (NHS SBS) Consult 18: Multidisciplinary Consultancy Services Framework for the next four years.
"NHS SBS is the market leader in business support services for the NHS, acting on behalf of over 40% of the NHS to procure a range of services, such as HR, Consultancy and Employee Wellbeing Programmes. To date, they have saved their NHS clients £400 million and are working towards a direct saving of £1bn by 2020."
Croner are now an approved supplier for the provision of HR Services (Lot 7) and Ancillary Consultancy Services (Lot 10).
Benefits of the Framework
There is a wealth of benefits for suppliers who engage with the NHS SBS framework, including but not limited to:
- OJEU compliant - No formal tendering is required, saving valuable time and money in the procurement process
- Direct Award – The agreement gives freedom and flexibility for all Participating Authorities to choose the suppliers they wish.
- Mini Competition - Opportunity to run a Mini Competition off the back of the Framework Agreement, in order to meet the bespoke requirements of each customer and drive down pricing
- Competitive Pricing - Fixed prices during the Framework period to support budgeting and calculation of benefits realised by Participating Authorities
- Robust Framework - A specification which has been reviewed and approved by a specialist stakeholder group as well as suitable testing of the market to offer robust market tested suppliers that comply with latest guidance.
- Flexible contract terms - The Participating Authority shall also be entitled, at its sole discretion, to select another form of Special Conditions of Contract.
For additional information on the framework, please visit: https://www.sbs.nhs.uk/
What Croner Can Provide Through the Framework
As an approved supplier for Lot 7, HR Services, and Lot 10, Ancillary Consultancy Services, we offer the following through the Framework:
- Dispute management
- Employee relations and communications
- Human resources function process and design
- Human resource terms and conditions and policies including health and safety, employment contracts and company handbook
- Advice on managing agency and temporary staff
- Performance management (including pay, reward and benchmarking)
- Training, including bespoke HR training and webinar training
- General management consultancy
- Capability development
- Policy development, advice and review
How to Access the Framework
There are a number of way you can procure through the framework, and those who do so are called ‘Participating Authorities’.
To check if you are eligible, or already registered, please contact the NHS SBS Contract Enquiries team NSBS.firstname.lastname@example.org / 0161 212 3940 and request access to the Consult 18: Multidisciplinary Consultancy Framework (SBS/17/SG/ZMC/9266).
Following your enquiry, NHS SBS will provide you with a Framework Buying Guide which contains key information about the Framework, including but not limited to: the service specification, award process and order form, all of which ensure you’re able to make a compliant procurement through the Framework.
In addition, NHS SBS will send you an access form to ensure legal compliance, prior to procuring through the Framework. The sign up process generally take around 1 to 2 days and you will be supported by NHS SBS throughout, should this be necessary, and the whole process is free.
What Happens Next?
Following approval and sign up, you can begin to procure your chosen services through the Framework via two methods – Direct Award and Mini Competition:
1. Direct Award This is where a participating authority approaches a supplier via the framework having reviewed their services and prices offered at tender stage.
2. Mini Competition This is where a participating authority wants to compare the approved suppliers within their chosen Lot on the framework by asking them to complete a further tender with additional information and submit their most competitive pricing.
From this, the participating authority will decide which supplier they would like to work with. If you are unsure of what the best process will be for your organisation, NHS SBS can provide guidance via the telephone.
Following the successful appointment of a supplier for your chosen services, you both will complete a Framework Service Level Agreement, setting out the details of the work to be provided, the conditions and contract prices and any variations to the services agreed at Framework level.
Why Work with Croner?
As a world-class workplace business partner, we support thousands of clients through a range of added value service and solutions.
- We have over 75 years’ experience in compliance support and systems
- Our consultants have an average of 15 years’ industry experience
- We have a successful resolution in over 85% of Tribunal cases
- Over 100 Associations choose our services as a benefit to their members
If you are interested in working with Croner via the Framework, please do not hesitate to contact 0808 145 3003. Alternatively, for additional information about NHS SBS and the services they can provide, please visit https://www.sbs.nhs.uk/nhs-sbs-about-us.
Free to Download Employer Resources
Ready to focus on what you do best?
Get your free consultation and speak to an expert today.