03 Mar 2017
April 2017 certainly looks set to be one of the busier months for employers; from Gender Pay Reporting to the increase of National Minimum wage and National Living wage.
Adding to the list, the Employment Rights (Increase of Limits) Order 2017 has announced the yearly increase to tribunal compensation limits, set to come into effect from 6 April 2017.This includes:
- The maximum week’s pay for calculating redundancy and unfair dismissal basic award will increase to £489;
- The maximum basic award for unfair dismissal and statutory redundancy pay (30 weeks’ pay subject to the limit on week’s pay) will increase to £14,670;
- Limit on guarantee payments will increase to £27;
- The minimum basic award for dismissal on trade union, health and safety, occupational pension scheme trustee, employee representative and on working time grounds only will increase to £5,970;
- The maximum value of the compensatory award in an unfair dismissal claim will be £80,541;
- Minimum compensation for employees excluded/expelled from a trade union will increase to £9,118;
- Contract claims (if a claim for breach of contract) is brought in an employment tribunal, compensation is capped at £25,000. If the claim is for more than £25,000, it can be made in the county court or high court.
Free to Download Employer Resources
Do you have any questions?
Get a free callback from one of our regional experts today