18 Dec 2014
With just over a week to go until Christmas, new research* from Wolters Kluwer’s UK pay and benefits specialists, Croner, reveals some interesting festive workplace facts:
- 53% of businesses close between 24 December and 2 January, with almost three quarters of employees having to use their annual holiday entitlement to cover this.
- 74% of staff who work during the Christmas period receive no additional pay or time off in lieu
- 68% of organisations close early on the last working day before Christmas
- 83% of businesses said they were having a Christmas party this year, with 87% of those being paid by the company at a typical cost of over £25.00 per head
- 66% of employees will not be receiving a Christmas gift or bonus this year
- 55% of employees are holding a secret Santa gift swop this year, with the majority having a price limit of between £5.00 and £10.00.
Free to Download Employer Resources
Ready to focus on what you do best?
Get your free consultation and speak to an expert today.