19 Mar 2019
The statistics continue to show that claims are increasing following the removal of tribunal fees in July 2017.
This continuing increase is contributing towards the delay for cases to be heard, leaving some employers with a tribunal claim hanging over their business for more than a year.
Add this infographic to your website by copying and pasting the following embed code:
- In the 12 months from January - December 2018, more than 38,700 single claims were submitted to the tribunal
- From October to December 2018, single claims are up 23% no the same quarter in 2017
- Failure to inform and consult during redundancy procedures increased by 118%*
*Compensation in successful claims is an award of 90 days' pay (uncapped) per claimant
Compared to the same quarter in 2017 (October-December 2017) the following claims have increased:
- Pregnancy (detriment/dismissal) by 56%
- Sexual orientation discrimination by 33%
- Redundancy pay by 23%
- Age discrimination by 18%
In the three-month period of October-December 2018, there were:
- 4,850+ unfair dismissal claims
- 4,000+ unauthorised deduction from wages claims
- 3,200+ breach of contract claims
- 3,100+ working time claims
Speak to an expert
If you're concerned about the rising level of tribunal claims, or feel you may be at risk of a tribunal claim, speak to a Croner expert on 01455 858 132.
Free to Download Employer Resources
Do you have any questions?
Get a free callback from one of our regional experts today