This sets out how we, Croner Group Limited and any other companies which are part of the same group, intend to protect your privacy when using our websites, and describes your rights and the manner in which any information that can be associated with you (including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and information about your on-line activities) (“Personal Information”), will be collected and used.
What Personal Information do we collect?
Our intention is to collect and use such Personal Information as is reasonably necessary to enable you to make the most of the activities available on our Website websites. We may also use your Personal Information for dealing with enquiries, tailoring our service to your requirements and preferences, market research and competitions. Occasionally, we may also wish to use your Personal Information to inform you about goods, services, promotions or competitions which we think may interest you.
What happens when you provide your Personal Information?
Data Protection Act 1998 – By providing your details to us, you agree to Croner Group Limited processing and storing your data for the provision of products and services, analysis and administration purposes. This information will only be shared with other companies in the Croner Group Limited and not with any other organisation. In the future we may contact you by mail, telephone, e-mail, fax or other means for marketing purposes. You can opt out of receiving further marketing communications or restrict these communications to information on new editions and updated releases of publications you have previously bought.
Contact us at: Customer Services, Croner Group Limited, Croner House, Wheatfield Way, Hinckley, LE10 1YG and state whether you wish to either (a) opt out of all further marketing communications or (b) opt out of all further marketing communications except those that are designed to update you on new editions and releases of products you have previously purchased. As part of our commitment to quality customer service, telephone calls may be monitored. Registered in England No. 8654528. Croner is a trading name of Croner Group Limited. Registered office: Croner House, Wheatfield Way, Hinckley, LE10 1YG.
Security and Disclosures of the Personal Information
As required by the Data Protection Act 1998, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given to us, in order to prevent, as far as possible, any unauthorised access. However, we are unable to provide any guarantee that information stored by us will not be subject to unauthorised access.
We may disclose your Personal Information to others only in the following circumstances and/ or purposes:
• Where we are required to do so by the courts or to comply with other legal, statutory and/ or regulatory obligations including accounting and taxation requirements;
• To prevent and/ or detect crime;
• Where we believe that you may be interested in similar products or services, whether provided by us, or, our carefully selected business partners;
• For credit reference purposes;
• For statistical purposes; and
• To third party suppliers and business partners as part of providing our services.
Any information provided by you in connection with any transaction involving your credit or debit card numbers, expiry date and billing or delivery address will be used by us to process the transaction. These details will be stored on a secure server handled securely to ensure confidentiality. SSL encryption is employed to ensure payment data is protected.
Please note that if you communicate with us electronically including by e-mail, telephone or fax, this communication may be randomly monitored and/ or recorded to protect the interests of our business and our customers. This includes for the purposes of maintaining customer and service quality standards, detection of and/ or prevention of crime and to ensure that our employees comply with legal obligations and our policies and procedures (including our customer relations practices).
Your personal information may be shared with other companies in the Croner Group Limited group and/or with carefully selected business partners, where we believe that details of other, similar products and services may be of interest to you.
No personal information will be transferred to a Croner Group Limited company or a business partner firm located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), unless we are certain that an adequate level of protection exists in relation to any processing of that information.
If you do not wish your personal information to be shared and processed as described in this paragraph, please let us know via the contact means set out below.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
The cookies we use allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. Our cookies also enable us to tailor the content you view according to preferences you set. You can find more information about the type of cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below:
Access control cookies
These cookies to control access to paid for subscription pages
Site functionality cookies
These cookies improve your browsing experience by allowing you to carry information across pages of our website and avoid having to re-enter them. They are also used to remember your preferences so that you see the information you have chosen to see and also help you to search the site more effectively.
Usage tracking cookies
These cookies monitor visitors and pages viewed to enable us to understand how you use our site and continually improve it for you. This data is usually but not exclusively collected anonymously.
Third Party Cookies
Third parties serve cookies via this website. These are used for the following purposes:
- To serve content on our site and track whether this content is clicked on by users.
- To control how often you are shown particular content.
- To count the number of anonymous users of our site.
- For website usage analysis.
Use of Web Beacons
Some of the pages on our website may contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web beacons collect only limited information which includes a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web beacon resides. We may also carry web beacons placed by a third party. These beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign.
To enable cookies
If you’re not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
For PCs: click on ‘Help’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘About’ option
For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the ‘About’ option
How to check cookies are enabled for PCs
- Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select Options
- Click the ‘Under the Hood’ tab, locate the ‘Privacy’ section, and select the ‘Content settings’ button
- Now select ‘Allow local data to be set’
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
- Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Internet options’ , then click on the ‘Privacy’ tab
- Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
- Settings above Medium will disable cookies
- Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select Options
- Then select the Privacy icon
- Click on Cookies, then select ‘allow sites to set cookies’
- Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
- Click on ‘Security’, check the option that says ‘Block third-party and advertising cookies’
- Click ‘Save’
How to check cookies are enabled for Macs
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 on OSX
- Click on ‘Explorer’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Preferences’ options
- Scroll down until you see ‘Cookies’ under Receiving Files
- Select the ‘Never Ask’ option
Safari on OSX
- Click on ‘Safari’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
- Click on ‘Security’ then ‘Accept cookies’
- Select the ‘Only from site you navigate to’
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
- Click on ‘Mozilla’ or ‘Netscape’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
- Scroll down until you see cookies under ‘Privacy & Security’
- Select ‘Enable cookies for the originating web site only’
- Click on ‘Menu’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Settings’
- Then select ‘Preferences’, select the ‘Advanced’ tab
- Then select ‘Accept cookies’ option
All other browsers
Please consult your documentation or online help files.
For further information about cookies in general please refer to www.allaboutcookies.org
Access to the Personal Information
We are happy to provide you with details of the Personal Information which we process about you. We will require proof of identity from you prior to disclosing such information and will charge a small administration fee of £10 in relation to any such requests. Please direct any such request by post to the address below.
Updating the Personal Information
In the event that there is a change to the Personal Information, for example your contact details, please let us know of this in writing using the address below or by e-mail to email@example.com
Changes to the policy
Unless you register any preference to the contrary, we will assume that as a user of our services you agree to the processing of the Personal Information in the ways described in this Policy.
Comments and Contact Details
Croner Client Relations Manager
Croner Group Limited
Hinckley, LE10 1YG