27 Nov 2017
The annual Christmas party is the highlight of the year for most employees, but it can end in a headache for employers.Here are our 10 top tips for employers, about how to host a stress free Xmas do.
Christmas Parties Infographic
Top 10 Tips for Christmas Party Planning
1. Don’t exclude anyoneSome days of the week are sacred to some religions, so make sure your party includes everyone in your workforce.
2. Don’t force people to attendToo much pressure to join in will have the opposite effect. If it’s kept fun people will come.
3. CateringCatering must be suitable for vegetarians, vegans, those who don’t drink alcohol and have special dietary requirements.
4. Relax that rule bookYes, it’s a work’s do but it’s a chance for everyone to have fun and celebrate your business’ successes.
5. Written guidance is necessaryBefore the party issue written guidance on personal conduct, such as no aggressive or bullying behaviour, and no harassment. Breaking these rules may result in a disciplinary.
6. A free bar is a no noIt’ll make enforcing rules under point 6 more difficult.
7. Buy a round inIt’s Christmas after all and what better way to say thank you to your employees than buying them a drink.
8. Assign a designated watcherAssign a member of the management team who has a clear head to keep a subtle eye, without being a party pooper.
9. Work night expectationsIf it’s during the working week make it clear that you expect everyone to be in work the next day. But maybe let them come in a little later, or provide a free breakfast.
10. Don’t drink and driveAdvise employees not to drink and drive at all, and ensure they are fit to drive the following day. Organise a mini bus to help people get home. Croner are on hand to provide a wide range of expert HR & employment Law advice during the festive season. For more information contact 0808 145 3490.
Free to Download Employer Resources
Ready to focus on what you do best?
Get your free consultation and speak to an expert today.