25 May 2017
A new, insightful series of infographics have been published by the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work (EU-OSHA) regarding the challenges of ageing at work.The infographics accentuate thought-provoking facts and figures surrounding working conditions and health, as well as labour market participation and policies, linked to ageing at work in each European country featured in the report. When comparing the findings for the UK with Europe as a whole, some significant differences come to light, as follows:
- In the UK, around 23% of workers think their health is negatively affected by work (compared to around 27% for the EU as a whole).
- Some 17% of workers in the UK think they will not be able to do the same job at 60 (this figure is 22% for the EU).
- Around 39% of people in the UK think that age discrimination is widespread, compared with 45% in the EU.
- In the UK, health and safety is discussed regularly between workers and management in 80% of establishments, compared with 59% in the EU.
- The average age of the UK population is increasing slower than that of the EU average.
- The population of older people is expected to grow moderately from 2040 in the UK.
Free to Download Employer Resources
Ready to focus on what you do best?
Get your free consultation and speak to an expert today.